Born in Bordeaux, France in 1952, Antoine Chapon is a self-taught painter who first started as a photographer. In 1981 Antoine sailed to the West Indies and settled on the small island of St. Martin. He now works and resides in the beautiful home he designed, enjoying the stunning views overlooking the beautiful Cul de Sac Bay.
Antoine works primarily in watercolor, but works in other mediums such as oils, and now sculptures, as well. His work is recognized by a personal technique that combines the Caribbean’s vibrant transparencies and deep shades. Chapon’s paintings evoke and reflect the calming and serene spirit of the Caribbean island he calls home.
Over the past several years he has exhibited in the Caribbean Islands of St Martin, Antigua, St Barths, Curacao, and the US Virgin Islands, as wells as Los Angeles, and Paris. Portions of this content excerpted from The Anguillan, 2006.
- Grand Case in St. Martin Medium
- Le Veranda Medium 13″ x 10″
- Light Breeze in Grand Case Medium 11″ x 6.75″
- Midday Shadow Mini 4.50″ x 5.75″
- Morning Light On Pinel Island Mini 8.25″ x 2.75″ Large 17.75″ x 6.00″
- Orient Bay Morning Medium 12.25″ x 4.75″ Large 17.25″ x 6.75″
- Palm and Breeze Medium
- Passing By Pinel Island Medium 12.25″ x 4.25″ Large 17.75″ x 6.25″
- Reflection Medium
- Waiting For The Race Large
Image Area Size does not indicate total page size. Each print includes substantial white margin (2″ – 3″) for ease of mounting, and is delivered rolled in heavy cardboard tube for maximum protection.